Today’s been the kind of day that, we’re I 13 all over again, would be circled and starred in my school day planner with sparkly gel pens but would betray no other written clues as to its actual significance. It’s the kind of new secret I’d celebrate quietly all by myself that would make me giddy with anticipation when I should be paying attention in class.
I’m becoming that person who substitutes ‘healthier’ choices for the real thing.
Case in point: if I close my eyes, Liberté lemon yogurt IS lemon meringue pie filling.
I draw the line at all things non-fat, filled with aspartame and/or sucralose. In the words of the effervescent J*Star - gotta K.I.R.
If you think it’s spelled macaroons then you shouldn’t be serving macarons.
(Even autocorrect is being dumb about this.)
The scene at lunchtime:
Wrasslin’ with sawing my saucy log of a cabbage roll for several minutes before giving up and tearing the damn thing apart with my bare hands like a savage. I don’t care who saw me, it was that bad. Plastic cutlery is no match for the fibrous qualities of cabbage leaves.
Cabbage roll: 1
- listened to too much Drizzy on repeat (ongoing)
- trawled my Gmail archives, stumbling on one too many emails circa 2006-7; noticing the patterns of evolution in friendship, relationships and feeling thrown back and disoriented all over again at 23
- logged onto Gchat for the first time in almost (over?) a year
- freaked out over my dwindling chequing account. Um, be bigger, please?
- discovered that tropical fruit like mango and papaya don’t belong in crepes… at least not according to me
- attempted to right my whack sleep schedule and unsuccessfully combated my restlessness
- went to the gym a total of 0 times and kind of missed it. So this is my body on endorphin withdrawal.
- watched 50/50
- did not cry into my over dill pickle-seasoned popcorn but enjoyed it nonetheless
- discovered a new photographic obsession
that I am on an effin’ TEAR today.
These photos are practically editing themselves. Yep. I am simultaneously patting myself on the back and shoveling lemon meringue pie into my mouth. This is victory. One marvelous jpeg* at a time.
*Actually, I shoot in RAW.